Monday, March 2, 2015

Fianarantsoa Week 21



Well this week has been yet another great week here in paradise! It has been blazing hot and humid this week which is a nice change from the rain! So this week Elder Covey and I decided to shake things up and keep ourselves entertained, so we started a picture of the day contest. We try to see who can think of the best idea for a cool or funny picture and do it. It's pretty fun! We got a few good ones! This is a couple of my winning pictures.







​The wall that I'm pretending to pee on says "you can't pee here." haha That is not a very common thing to see because it is pretty much acceptable to pee wherever you want! haha And the other one I have my sword and shield and then my giant leaf-cup! haha 

Other than our week was pretty ordinary. The work is starting to pick up again. It is a constant process of dropping and picking up investigators. But I think we have found a few who are going to progress so I'm way excited about them! But I'm almost positive I'll be getting transfered in a couple weeks so I'm going to miss their baptisms. I got to go on a split with my zone leader on saturday and at the end he told me that I was doing great at teaching and great at Malagasy and that he was really impressed. So that was a way awesome compliment and gave me a good boost of confidence! 

This week I have really been focusing on trying to align my will with God's. I have read a few talks about serving God and especially serving Him as a missionary and it talks about how if we serve and do everything that we are supposed to and do a lot of good and change the world for the better, but the whole time we are wishing that we could be doing other things and disobeying the commandments then it does us no good in the end. We will not be changed and made better by the service we gave. So I want to completely give myself and my heart up to the Lord. Just like in D&C 4:2 "Therefore, oh ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve Him with all your heart, might, mind, and strength that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day." That is what I want. To stand blameless before God and know that I didn't leave anything behind... that I threw it all out on the table. It's not enough to serve Him with all of your might and strength. He asks for our heart and mind as well. This week think about your service to God. Are you serving with your heart and mind? Or are you with-holding that and only giving your might and strength? If that is all, I encourage you to jump on board with me and try to give everything to the Lord. Let's take it to the next level! 

Sorry I haven't had a malagasy word of the week for a while, but this weeks words are "Fo" (foo) sy (see) saina (sigh-na)". That means "heart and mind". 

Have a great week! I love you all!

 Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment