Monday, March 16, 2015

Fianarantsoa Week 23

This week has been yet another amazing week here in the greatest mission in the world! Fianarantsoa has been good to me and I have loved serving here, but my time has come. Transfers have come. I am leaving Fianarantsoa and going up to the big bad city of Antananarivo (Tana). I leave tomorrow morning bright and early and have a nice long (12 hour) bus ride ahead of me. My new companion is named Elder Te'e (Teh-eh). He is from Tonga and I don't know a whole lot about him other than the fact that he has been out about a year and is kind of good at english and likes to only speak malagasy. I am a little nervous for it, but excited too because it is really going to help my language skills! I will have a lot more information next week. But that's the most exciting thing that happened this week. Oh, and the name of my new area in Analamahitsy (a-na-la-ma-hee-tsee). I have mixed feelings about leaving. I love my area and I have been here for so long and it feels like home and I love the people here, but I am very of ready for a change. I felt like I was getting stuck in a rut. I think this is going to be a great change. 6 months is a long time to stay in one area. 

Also, this week we had zone conference which was way good! The coolest thing that happened was that we got to watch "Meet the Mormons" It was way good, but it also made us all way trunky to see America! It just reminded us of home and everything we used to do and being with our families. I had to stand up after the movie and go look out the window and remind myself that I was still in madagascar! haha

The last weird thing that happened this week was on Saturday I woke up and Elder Covey had been throwing up all night and on the toilet all night so he was unable to go out to work, so we stayed home. It was really weird to stay home all day. I just did tons of studying and had tons of time to think.It was kind of nice to get to just really hit the scriptures hard and study for hours and hours, but it was so weird to not go out and teach.
 
I want to give a shoutout to one of the cutest little girls on the planet! My neice Megan had a birthday this week and turned 8! She is getting so big and is getting ready to get baptized! She is always so happy and fun and loves to tease her uncle Brandan! Happy Birthday Megan!
 
I love you all! Have a great week!
 
Love, Elder Glazier 

No comments:

Post a Comment