Monday, March 23, 2015

Analamahitsy Week 1



Well... Where to start? I know! TRANSFERS!!!! We had transfers this week.

 I'm sure that is what everyone wants to know about because every single person that wrote me this week asked about them. So here we go...

 My new area is called Analamahitsy just like it says it the title. It is in Tana and one of the richer areas. There are tons of vazaha (white people) houses and there is even a french high school in our area. We do our best to avoid french people because they are mean and we can't speak to them! haha The area is struggling a little bit and the stats are pretty messed up and stuff so we have a lot of work ahead of us. Some of the past elders in this area have been really lazy and not very good at keeping track of their work. My new companion is Elder Te'e (teh-eh) and is from Tonga. No, he isn't huge. He is about my size. He didn't know any english when he started his mission, but now he is really good at it and we talk in English pretty much all day with just a little bit of malagasy mixed in. He is really cool and really easy going. I definitely am going to have to be the one to say, "hey lets get to work." But as soon as I do he will agree and we'll get to work. I think it is going to be a good transfer, but I am going to have to work really really hard to turn the area around. I think we can do it though. Tana is fine. Not as bad as a lot of the elders try to act like it is. It's a little dirty, but I'm in one of the cleaner areas. Everywhere we go we ride these things called taxi-be's which literally translated means big taxi. They are basically a small, skinny 16 passenger van that the seats were taken out and new seats were put in that are super skinny and made for really short people. They put 5 people on every row and there are about 5 rows plus the front seat. They are super squishy and yesterday I basically sat on 2 ladies laps on the way home from work.
The bus ride down here was fun...  I got the front seat on the bus ride because I get car sick. The only problem was that it was the front middle seat. My butt was squished onto this little tiny seat and I couldn't really move much because the stick shift comes out of the floor and the driver made me put it right between my legs and then his feet and the gas pedals were next to my left foot and the person's feet on the right of me were right next to my right feet. So I rode for 8 hours basically without moving, and then we finally stopped for lunch/dinner and I got out and my legs literally felt like somebody had been punching my thighs for the last 8 hours! They hurt so bad! haha But then I moved back a couple rows with the rest of the missionaries and took my chances with getting car sick. The back seat was a lot more comfortable and luckily I didn't get sick so the last 3 hours of the ride were a lot lot more enjoyable!
Other than that, nothing really happened this week. So we will move into our word of the week. The word is masoandro mody (moss-ooh-on-drew moo-dee) which literally translates to the sun is going home. But that is what they call a sunset. Here in Tana there is lot of pollution from all of the cars and just the city and everything which is really annoying, but it makes for beautiful sunsets! 
Have a great week Everyone! Love you all! 
Love, Elder Glazier

P.S. SHOUTOUT TIME!!!! This shoutout goes to my sister-in-law Kristal and my brother Devan! I just found out she is having a baby!!! That will make three new babies in my first year as a missionary! Congratulations Devan and Kristal and family!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment