Monday, February 23, 2015

Fianarantsoa week 20

Hey everyone! There isn't a whole lot of vaovao (news) this week.

 The work has been going. It's not as fast and easy as I would like, but as Elder Holland says, "Salvation is not easy."  Elder Covey and I have now been together for almost 3 months and not had a single baptism. That might not seem that bad, but for this mission that isn't very good. The problem is that people here don't have a whole ton of education so they don't retain new knowledge as easily as most people and so when Elder Covey got here and was trying to get a feel for where our investigators were at we realized that none of them know very much.  So we pretty much just started everyone over on the first lesson. That's not a bad thing because we have found the people who are really committed and the ones who weren't. Because that is another big problem here. People are more than willing to say they will do something, but to actually get them to do it is the tricky part. So moral of the story is me and Elder Covey have been together for almost 3 months and had 0 baptisms. But on the bright side, once our investigators get baptized they are going to be way solid members!!! 

It has rained quite a bit this last week. It rained almost everyday, so I just took my rain coat with me no matter what the sky looked like and usually I ended up being glad I had it. When it rains here it is the craziest thing! We'll be walking along and all of a sudden you just hear this soft hum and slowly it gets louder and louder and you realize that it's the rain hitting the tin roofs. Then you look in that direction and you just see the wall of rain coming and do everything you can to find a place to hide until you can get your coat on. The problem is you are usually just in the middle of a bunch of tiny houses and there is nowhere to go so you just get soaked until you can get your jacket on. And then once it rains all of the roads are so muddy and slippery so that makes for an entertaining day. It definitely keeps you on your toes. 

The last thing I just want to mention really quickly is that this last week we hit February 20 which officially means I have been on my mission for 6 months. Pretty crazy! I can't believe it's been that long. It has been probably the hardest 6 months of my life, the fastest and funnest 6 months of my life, and I have grown and matured more in the last 6 months than I ever thought was possible! I love being a missionary and serving the Lord! I have learned what it means to give everything to Him. I am still not perfect at it, but hope to some day be able to say that I gave 100% to serving God. I want His will and His desires to become mine. That is my goal.
 
I love you all and hope everything is going well!
 Have a great week! 

Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment