Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Analamahitsy Week 2



Well, it's already that time again. I can't believe how fast everyday and every week goes. I feel like I go to sleep on tuesday night and wake up the next morning and it's already monday again! Everything is going well here! My area is doing... okay. The missionaries before didn't have much of a set program so it has kind of been up to me to talk to all of our investigators and set up solid programs with them. But it has been really good for me and I've learned a lot. Not a whole lot happened this week. But that's okay, because p-day is almost over and I'm running out of time. So I will just tell one story.

I'm going to start my story with the word of the week. Mifandihanina (mee-fon-dee-hon-nuh). It means to fast. So the end of last week and the beginning of this week Elder Te'e and I were really struggling. Nobody wanted to hear what we had to say and all of our times were blowing us off. We were coming home at the end of everyday with 1 or 2 lessons at the most. That is not acceptable. In my last area we were teaching between 5-7 lessons a day. So I didn't know what to do and I was really frustrated. I talked to my companion and we thought a lot about it and came up with a few ideas, but I didn't think that was enough. So I decided to do a little personal fast just to know what we needed to do and that the work in this area would start to pick up a little bit. And that very day we came home with 4 lessons and a bunch of less actives homes that we had found. We have decided to really focus on the less actives because there are so many in our ward. But it was incredible to see the work change just like that. And ever since that day we haven't had a day with less than 4 times. Yes, there is still a lot of work to do and we have only just begun the battle, but it's a great start! And my faith grew so much in the power of fasting. I have never really felt like fasting had ever helped me or anything, but this week I really saw that when we fast and show God that we are sincere in our desires and that we are willing to put of the natural man for something more important he will bless us. I love that. I know that we have a Father in Heaven that is mindful of us and willing to bless us if we will do His will and try to listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I love you all and I'm greatful for the examples you are to me! Have a great week! 

Love, Elder Glazier 

Oh, I this is maybe a little weird shoutout, but I want to do a shoutout to a missionary here in Madagascar with me! His name is Elder Rasmussen! Yeah!!! I saw Elder Rasmussen today when we went to play soccer! It was so cool to see him for the first time here in country! He is doing great! Sadly we forgot to take a picture together, but I'm sure we'll see each other again soon and we'll take one then! 
This is a picture of where we played soccer... A little different from home. 








Oh, I this is maybe a little weird shoutout, but I want to do a shoutout to a missionary here in Madagascar with me! His name is Elder Rasmussen! Yeah!!! I saw Elder Rasmussen today when we went to play soccer! It was so cool to see him for the first time here in country! He is doing great! Sadly we forgot to take a picture together, but I'm sure we'll see each other again soon and we'll take one then! 
This is a picture of where we played soccer... A little different from home. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment