Sunday, January 4, 2015

Fianarantsoa Week 13

Well this week was not very exciting other than CHRISTMAS!!!!! Tuesday and wednesday were pretty normal days, just teaching all day, until wednesday night we went to a really nice hotel here for Christmas eve dinner! It was way good! And then we all brought our mattresses downstairs and slept in the living room on the floor! And then Christmas day we just hung out and watched mormon movies like, "The Life of Christ" and "The Joseph Smith Story"! It was way nice! And then that night we got to Skype our families!!! It was SO GOOD!!!! I loved talking to everyone! They all looked so good! When I walked out of the cyber it was way weird to think that they were all at home having a normal Christmas, but I just had this overwhelming feeling that this is where I'm supposed to be and it was all okay! Overall Christmas was way good though! And then the rest of the week was just teaching. We met some way cool people who I'm really hoping are going to progress! They seem really interested in the gospel and I think they are going to be willing to keep their commitments! And I know if they will God will bless them to receive an answer to their prayers! That's one thing I have learned is to put complete trust in God! If people are willing to put in the effort to try to find out the truth and they do it with real intent, then there is nothing that can stop them from receiving an answer. We are promised that God WILL answer us. That is so amazing. He is literally our Father and wants to bless us with truth and happiness! I know that that is true! 

The malagasy word of the week is matoky (mah-too-kee). It means to trust. I have really been trying to put my trust in the Holy Ghost and in God this week. I realized my teaching was not very clear and I was having a really hard time, so I decided to start relying on the spirit to tell me what to say and I have already noticed a difference. Alma 26:12 talks about how we are week on our own but with God we can are strong. It is so true! He will make us so much more than we can make ourselves!
 
I love you all! Have a great week! 

Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment