Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Fianarantsoa week 17

This week was fairly normal.

 Sorry I say that every week, but lately we haven't had a whole ton of new things happen! We gave out a few bap dates this week which was exciting! As of now we have 9 people that have a bap date, and we are hoping to give out a few more this week! It is the coolest thing to ask someone to be baptized and have them say yes! It lets you know that they are really willing to do this and that they are really committed to it! That has been one of the hardest things for me so far is getting people to follow through on commitments! I could get almost anyone here to let me into their house and share a message with them! And I could even get them to say they will read and pray, or come to church... But getting them to actually do it is SO hard!!! We have to take things very slow, but when we really see that desire to progress and we extend a commitment it is an exciting day! 

I went on a split with my zone leader Elder Rigby this week. He is super cool! I like him a lot! We had a way fun time and I learned a lot! We have had some really good chats and I always come away with something to think about! He also really helps me with my confidence. That has probably been my biggest trial on my mission is confidence. I have never felt like I was a good teacher. Even in english I had a hard time teaching with confidence. But as I have been here I have learned to rely on the Lord and ask Him to help me teach with power. I've also had to learn that it isn't about what I say or how I teach, but it's all dependant on the Holy Ghost. I could say everything perfect, but if the Holy Ghost isn't there bearing witness to them of the truth it is all pointless. I could even convince somebody that the church is true and they could get baptized. But if they never received a witness from the Spirit it will not last. They MUST have the spirit bear testimony of the truth. 

The Malagasy word of the week is matoky (mah-too-kee) and it means to trust. This goes along with my story about trusting in the Lord. When we put our trust in the Lord and rely on Him we can do anything! I love the scripture in Alma 26:12. Along with that I have been thinking a lot about Moses 1:39: "For this is my work and my glory; to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." Those two scriptures together give me so much confidence to do this work! God's work and His glory is to help people return to Him, and that is the work I am doing! God isn't going to leave me alone to do His work! He will be here with me every step of the way! And when I have God with me I can do all things! 

Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment