Monday, January 5, 2015

Fianarantsoa Week 14

First off... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! We are officially in 2015!!!

 The last 4 1/2 months have flown by! I feel like it was just last week I was climbing out of the car at the mtc saying goodbye to my family, and now I've been in Madagascar for 3 months! I love it here! I have learned and grown so much in the last 4 1/2 months! Serving a mission is amazing and there is nowhere else in the entire world where I would rather be! I have grown so much closer to my Savior and my Father in Heaven here than I could have any other way or place. I know this is where I am supposed to be! 

This week was a pretty good week. We had new years on wednesday which was pretty rough because it is just a HUGE party! They just call it fete which means party in french. EVERYBODY  just gets crazy drunk and has a huge party! So missionary work was pretty hard for about 3 or 4 days, but it's starting to get back to normal now. We didn't do too much for new years, just worked in the day time, and then went to a nice dinner, and after that we got up on our roof and looked over the city made goals for the new year and talked about life and about our missions. It was so great! I don't think I will ever forget it!

Then on saturday we had a baptism!!!  We had two of our investigators get baptized! They just got married so that they could! They are way awesome! Their names are Louis and Suzane. They have been learning for years and I finally got to be the one to harvest the seed that was planted years ago. It was a great feeling! They are amazing people! 

Then today we went to (the animal park)  ranomafana again, but we went with one of our members who was supposed to drive us down and go with us and stuff and there was some miscommunication and we ended up driving down there and then not going into the park but just hanging out at the city. It was still fun though, and just nice to get out of our area and see some new stuff! Other than that nothing new has happened. Just teaching amazing people all day everyday! Me and Elder Covey get along great and we are really starting to teach well as a companionship!
The malagasy word of the week is taonzona (town-zoo-nuh) it means goal or purpose. With the new year i thought this would be a fitting word. The new year is such a great time to reflect on our lives and see how we are doing and to make changes that are going to help us umprove! Some of my goals for this new year are to live with exact obedience to every single mission rule no matter how small or stupid it seems. And also, to teach with power and conviction and confidence. I am teaching the truth and God promises that He will be with my on my right hand and on my left if I am preaching by the spirit. That's some things that I am going to try to improve in this new year of 2015. 

Thanks for all of the support and love!

Love you all! 
Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment