Monday, April 18, 2016

Anjanahary week 8

Hey Everybody,

This week has been great! We had a couple really slow days of taking care of a sick Elder, but it's okay, I'm glad we could help him out. He is doing a lot better now and is out working with his companion! We went on a split on Thursday with two pretty young missionaries. It was fun. They are doing good. We tried this new thing the Apostles are pushing for where when we go on a split we bring the missionaries into our area instead of going and working in theirs. It worked pretty well. We did a lot of knocking doors, because our program is still pretty empty, but we are getting more and more investigators! I'm hoping that soon we will be able to have at least one (hopefully two) days with a full program. Then when we go on splits we could bring the missionaries to our area on those days and show them how we teach in our area and how we interact with our investigators and stuff. I think it will really help! 

We also got to watch conference this week!!!!!! It was soooo good! I loved all of the talks! A few of my favorites were Elder Nelson's Talk, "The Price of Priesthood Power" that he gave in the priesthood session, Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson's "Do I Believe" in the Sunday morning session, but of course my favorite talk was Elder Holland's talk in the Sunday Afternoon Session, "Tomorrow the Lord Will Do Wonders among you". I love that. We are imperfect beings trying to be perfect, and as long as we are trying God is happy with us. It's when we give up when he we disappoint Him. I love how he talked about Heavenly Father's love for us. He said, "Brothers and sisters, the first and great commandment of all eternity is to love God with all our heart, might, mind and strength. That is the first great commandment. But the first great truth of all eternity is that God loves us with all of His heart, might, mind, and strength." I had never thought about it that way. When we are working to love God with our entire being we are just reciprocating the love that He already has for us. I learned a lot this conference. I learned how to be a better son, friend, father/husband (someday), priesthood holder, and a better disciple of Christ. I also received personal revelation from the Holy Ghost of specific things I need to change/work on in my own life. I know that the Prophet, the apostles, and all the other general authorities and leaders of the church are called of God and are led by the spirit to say what God would say if He were standing at the pulpit. Jesus Christ lives and He guides His church through our living prophet, President Thomas S. Monson.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment