Sunday, May 15, 2016

Hi everybody!! 

So this week has been crazy! I don't have a whole ton to write about because we have literally just been driving missionaries all over the place and planning out transfers and helping missionaries get where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be there. We have 6 missionaries going home this transfer, but they are going home in two groups. The transfer is actually next week, but 3/6 missionaries going home wanted to go this week to make it home in time for mothers day so we have been taking care of them. It was really weird to see them off. I was companions with two of them. And one of them was my trainer. I can't believe he is gone. It's so weird to think that it was over a year and a half ago that we was training me how to be a missionary. I was trying really hard not to get trunky, but dropping them off at the airport and watching them go through security and everything just got to me and I realized how little time I have left. I want to try so hard to use these last few months the best I can. I want to live them to the fullest. I didn't come on a mission to serve with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength for 20 months. I am going to give it everything I've got all the way to the very last day! There are still tons of people who are waiting on me to bring them the gospel. I can't let them down. 

This week in my studies I have been focusing a lot on patience and on choosing to be happy. I noticed myself getting really annoyed with missionaries and other people calling me all the time asking for help. I realized that that's not okay. I really want to master being patient with others and seeing the good in life. God has given me so many blessings in my life. It's my choice if I want to focus on the good all around me or if I want to focus on the shortcomings of others and myself and all the problems all around me. I decided it's not worth it to be negative, or even to point out something negative. When we focus on the good in ourselves and in others we are encouraging growth in those areas. I know that Heavenly Father doesn't see us as who we were yesterday, or who we are today, but He sees us as who we are capable of becoming. 

I hope you all have a great week! Love you tons!!!

Love, Elder Glazier

P.S. Happy mothers day to all those incredible moms out there! Especially mine! She has raised me and taught me since birth how to be a desciple of Christ. She teaches me by words, but even more than that she teaches me by how she lives! 

  Love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment