Monday, November 2, 2015

Mangarivotra week 9, Tonga dia Fihoanam-ben'ny Fiangonana!!! Conference!!!

Dia Ahoana lahy!!!

 Yo! Wassup!

This week was great! We were able to teach a lot of great times and way cool familes. But the real thing that stood out to me this week was this weekend. There were two things that really made an impression on me. We finally got to watch conference! and we had the Assistants to the president up here so we got to go on splits with them on saturday

I'll start with Conference. My two favorite talks were first, one on saturday about praying to find out what your weaknesses are and then being ready to change based on the answer you get. He talked about how the answers don't always come the way we expect. So I decided to try it and see what God would tell me I needed to change. Sure enough, I got an answer, and it wasn't what I was expecting at all. The overwhelming feeling I had when I prayed was, "You need to get in shape." I was really confused because I had no clue how that was going to help me spiritually. then it clicked. I need to learn greater self control. And then I heard or read this talk, I don't remember if it was conference or just something I read, that said, "self control is like a muscle, the more you use it the stronger it gets." So I guess getting in shape is the boost I need to get started on having better self control, so decided I'm going to start eating healthy and really trying hard to get in good shape.

The second one was about ponderizing. It was by Devin G. Durrant. He talked all about we need to continually treasure up the words of Christ and ponder them. He made up a new word called "ponderize." He challenged us to take one scripture a week and put it in a place where we frequently see it and to ponder it constantly throughout the week. At the end of the week if you did it right you will know where the scripture is, and the main doctrine in it. You will then have that scripture as a constant friend when you need help/comfort. I really want to try to start ponderizing one scripture a week and want to challenge all of you to do it too. I know that if we will follow the guidance of the leaders that God has called for us we will see God's hand more fully in our lives. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes. I'd love to hear stories. 

Overall I loved conference! It was so good! I feel like the brethren are really trying to help us step it up to the next level. Just going through the motions isn't enough anymore. The world is getting worse and worse and that means that we have to get better and better. we HAVE TO stand out as a peculiar people. We can't just try to blend into the croud anymore. Now is the time. What we have previously done is not enough anymore. God is hastening His work and we have to decide if we are going to keep up with Him or get left behind. Decide now. 

Have a great week everyone! Love you all!

Love, Elder Glazier 






No comments:

Post a Comment