Monday, November 9, 2015

Mangarivotro week 10

Hey everyone!

  Well I'll just start by saying it was an amazing week! There was a ton that happened, but the two biggest  things, were first we had zone conference, and second we had a baptism!!! I was so great!!!

I'll start with  zone conference.  The AP's(assistants to the president) came down last saturday like I said last week and they stayed here for the whole weekend. Then on Tuesday we had zone conference with them, and with President Foote! It was so good!  We talked a lot about studies, and the importance of studies and how to have a more effective study. We also talked a lot about finding and teaching those people who are ready to change their lives and ready to live the gospel and become deciples of Christ. It was great! I think it was exactly what the zone needed and it really gave us all a great boost. 

Then, Saturday!!!  Saturday was great! We had one of our way cool investigators get baptized! His name is Delphin. He is so so  so cool and was so ready for the gospel. I know that he is going to be a great addition to the ward. He is about 22 and not married. He had been taught by the missionaries for a little bit before we got here and was coming to church consistently. He hasn't missed once since I've been here. I am pretty sure he wants to go on a mission in a year. But it was just so fun to teach him because he knows everything and is always prepared for the lessons  and always follows through on his commitments. I got the chance to  baptize him and it was a really amazing opportunity. I could just feel his spirit when he came up out of the water and he was just smiling so big. I saw him the next day at church and he came up to me and said, Elder Glazier, I'm trying my best not to sin. I just got baptized. And then,

 on Sunday Elder Bingham got to give him the gift of the Holy Ghost. He was pretty nervous, but he did a great job. I was so proud of him. I feel like he is my little boy and he is growing  up. haha in about  2 weeks it will be transfers and we won't be together anymore and he will be a big boy with nobody to lean on. Sometimes I feel like I feel just a piece of what a parent feels when their child is about to leave the house and become their own person. You just have to hope you taught him everything he will need and let him go. He will probably crash and fall a few times, but he will learn from it and become better. 

Also, on sunday I walked into elders' quorum and the clerk comes up to me and asks, "Hey, missionaries, can you give the lesson?" So yes... I got about  2 minutes to put together a lesson while they did opening exercises. I taught about the Plan of Salvation and the ordinances we must do to receive salvation. It ended up being a pretty good lesson. Fun experiences of the mission. Anyway, Everything is going great! Have a great week everyone!

Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment