Monday, November 30, 2015

Andranomadio Week 1

Akory aby O!!!  

This week has brought a lot of vaovao for us here in the southern hemisphere. On wednesdayour entire zone except for  two elders (11 of us) got on a bus and drove all the way to the capitol city Antananarivo or Tana. It was an 8 hour bus ride on the curviest  road on the entire planet!!! Luckily  I  managed not to get car sick. 

Then I had the three weirdest days of my mission. We got to the mission office at about 4 on wednesday and just hung out in the office all night said goodbye to elder Bingham and didn't do much. Then that night we slept at the AP's house with all of the trainers and trainees. 

 The next morning (Thursday) I went with the AP's to take all of the trainees to the office and got roped into translating the  meeting for new missionaries into malagasy for the new malagasy sisters. FUN... NOT!!!!! Translating is so hard! But it is a great opportunity and really helps you know what you need to work on. Then after that I was told to wait in the office for a couple of hours until we had a zone  leader training meeting at like 4.

 So after sitting in the office for 3 or 4 hours the meeting finally started. It was a great meeting, but I felt  really humbled to sit in the room with all of the great missionaries that were there and with President Foote. It was a room full of incredible men. I  hope that I can be as good of a missionary as they are and as good of a man as they are. We talked a lot about the goals for the mission and what we want to accomplish in the next few months and the year ahead. 

Then after the meeting president crammed all 7 of us into his car and we drove up to the Rova which is the kings palace and looked over the whole city at night! It was gorgeous! Then we went to the Foote's house and Sister Foote fed us thanksgiving dinner! It was DELICIOUS!!! She mad us chicken pot pie!!! I was in heaven! I couldn't have asked for a  better thanksgiving! 

Then on Friday I got to go visit the bishop in my last area for a little bit. It was really fun to get to see him. Then Elder Rasmussen came in! His flight got in Friday afternoon and we left on a bus to Toamasina as soon as he got there. We have now had two days of work together and I'm super excited! We are going to work way hard and get this area going great! But overall I had a great week! A lot different than normal with  very little work, but it was great!

 Hope you all had a happy thanksgiving! Love you all!

Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment