Monday, August 3, 2015

Analamahitsy week 20 Sabotsy Week 14

Well... This week was full of firsts. I had my first birthday in country, ate my first chicken foot, led my first district meeting, and did my first baptismal interview. 


My birthday was on thursday and it was a pretty good day. We didn't do anything too special. I was on a split the night before so I was in the other elders house that morning. We had district meeting that morning which was fine, and then we went out and had a normal day. I was a little bit sad all day just thinking about how the last birthday I had I was at home with my family and stuff, but it wasn't too bad because birthdays have never been a huge deal to me. Your just a day older. And then that night Elder Monsen made me a cake and we ate it! It was super yummy. Not quite american, but still really good! And gratefully I was somehow able to avoid getting flour and eggs all over my head so that was good!

The next first I had was district meeting. I led my first district meeting on my birthday. It went pretty well. I gave a lesson about what manner of teachers we ought to be. I focused a lot on commitments and how we HAVE TO extend commitments as missionaries or there is no point to any of the teaching we do. This gospel is not just about knowing things, it's about doing things! I think it went pretty well.

The next first was I got to do my first baptismal interview. I have done 5 since then, but it is super scary! I hate the idea that it is up to me to ask the right questions and to listen to the spirit to know if somebody is prepared to be baptized or not. But that is exactly it. I just have to be in tune to the spirit and listen to what he has to say and then I won't have to wonder, but he will tell me. That is the great thing about this gospel! God never expects us to do something on our own. He always provides help.

The last first of the week was I ate a chicken foot. It was gross. It is literally just skin. There is no meet at all on it. And it's not like thin good skin that you get on the fried/grilled chicken from kfc. Nope. It is nice and thick and gross. And too make it worse it wasn't even warm anymore. We were almost done with dinner and they told me that I had to eat the foot and then put it on my plate. I was so excited. I did not want to eat it, but it was too late. 
I also got a package from my parents this week which was amazing! My favorite thing in it was by far the watches! I got two watches because mine broke! Candy and food is awesome and I love every bite, but then it's gone and I'm sad. But my watch will be with me for the next two years and is going to do a lot of good for me! Anyway, that's about all that happened this week. Pretty good week. Hope you all have a great week! Don't forget to read your scriptures DAILY!!! Even if it's just one verse! 

Love, Elder Glazier

P.S. Shout-out!!!!! My good ole poppy has now hit a ripe old age of 57! Congrats gramps!!!!


 Love you tons dad! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


Birthday Dinner
 This is a cool family in our ward that we had dinner with this week. 
They are the ones that made me eat the chicken foot.

Chicken foot only for the Birthday boy!
Yum does this look like the delicacy!
My 19th birthday!! Chocolate cake.  mmmmm
Happy Birthday to me!
Can you hold this rock for a while?
You can call me Atlas.
Can you carry this many handmade bricks on your head?
 Cool brick makers. We struggle to walk through the rice paddies, and then they run through them with huge stacks of bricks on their heads. I'm impressed.




 Paddie Walking and Omby!!! (Cow)

No comments:

Post a Comment