Monday, August 31, 2015

Antananarivo final week/ Transfed to Tamatave

Hello everyone!!

 Well this week there is quite a bit of vaovao(news) here on the south side of the world. We have been working really hard the last two weeks to find some new investigators and then this week our main goal was to try to help some of them start progressing. So we have been working hard to help them be mazoto(diligent). We are pretty hopeful with a few of the families we have found. 

But that is not the vaovao be of the week. The real big news is going to have to wait for the end. But today we had a really cool experience. We had a combined zone meeting with both zones here in Tana. It was really cool because we had Elder Cook of the 70 there. He is over the church in south east Africa so he is our Lehibe (big man). We had a leadership meeting before the meeting for all of the district and zone leaders so I got to go to that. It was really intimidating, there were about 8 or 9 elders in a room with the mission president, Elder Cook, and their wives. Elder Cook gave us a really good lesson about representing the president well and not questioning what he does, and also about standing up boldly for the standards we are expected to live as missionaries. He said the way the leaders live is going to rub off on the other missionaries so we have to be on our best behavior. Then we joined all of the other missionaries and he gave a fenomenal lesson on testimony verses conversion and how we need to give up our will and desires for the Lords. It was so good! At the end the senior couples had made pulled pork sandwiches for us which took me 10,000 miles away back to America!!! I thought I was going to die. But then they took me 100 yards to the toilet because my stomach can no longer handle America... 

But now for the really big news.

 On saturday night we are in a lesson and our phone starts ringing. Elder Monsen hands it to me and whispers, "Hey! It's President!" It's not everyday that President Foote calls and I couldn't just hang up on him, so I stepped out of the house to take the call. "Hello President. How are you?"
"I'm doing fine Elder Glazier, how are you?"
"Just great president. What can I do for you?"
"Well I just have some transfer news for you Elder Glazier. But first I want to ask you, are you sitting down?"
"No president, but let me grab a seat... Okay, go for it."
 "Well Elder Glazier, I saw you play soccer a couple weeks ago, and I was pretty impressed that you scored five goals. You're pretty good. But you know what... I think you're a better missionary than a soccer player."
"Wow, thanks president. That's a great compliment."
"So I have an assignment for you. I'm going to ask you to move to Tamatave, and while you're up there I'd like you to train a new missionary. Oh, and one more thing... I'd also like you to be a zone leader."
"Oh wow president..."
"Would you be willing to accept that assignment Elder Glazier?"
"Well president, that sounds like a lot of resposibility, but I'll accept it if you ask me to do it."
"Perfect. Thanks Elder Glazier, I have a lot of trust in you. Have a great night."

So... yeah. Elder Glazier is getting transferred to Tamatave which is about 9 hours north-east of Tana (where I am now). It is what we call a beach province and is supposedly REALLY hot and REALLY humid. I'm way excited. It's going to be a lot of work, but I'm really excited and I know that God will provide a way for me to accomplish what He expects of me. 1Nephi 3:7.

That's all of the vaovao this week. But have a great week everyone! I'll try to take some pictures of me and Elder Monsen and of me with my new trainee. Have a great week everyone! Love you all!

Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment