Monday, July 27, 2015

Analamahitsy week 19 Sabotsy week 13

Well this week was great!

 Elder Monsen and I had an amazing week as far as missionary work goes! On wednesday we got a little discouraged about our tracting and feeling like we were just waisting our time and energy, but then we realized that our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ and contacting and talking to everybody is doing exactly that, even if they don't want to hear what we have to say. We went back at it with a positive attitude. Sad to say that we did not get let into any houses that day. But the next day we had some more time to contact and we went into it with a smile on our face and ready to work hard and the first three doors we knocked on were families and they let us in and wanted to hear what we had to say. Also this week some of the families we found last week had us come back and we are hoping that they will be interrested and that we can help them to see the importance of this wonderful message we have to share. 


Also this week I got some unexpected vaovao. I have been assigned to be our district leader. THere are 4 companionships in our district including ours and the zone leaders who are also in our district. I am excited for the opportunity to serve. When they first called me I was nervous because I still feel super new and there are so many awesome missionaries here. I'm not special, I'm just Elder Glazier. But then I saw this quote that I have that says, "God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called." I am a little nervous, but I know that if I put my trust in God and let him guide me he will qualify me and help me to do a good job. 


Other than that, we are just getting ready for my birthday this week which means we have changed absolutely nothing. haha but we do have a dinner planned with some members tonight for my birthday so that will be fun. 

This week in my personal study I was in the beginning of Alma in the Book of Mormon and I was reading about how he went into the city of Ammoniha and how when he got there everyone rejected him and how they told him he was crazy and following the crazy traditions of his fathers. They said he had no power over them and were just making fun of him. But that wasn't all, they were spitting on him, and in the end kicked him out of the city. Now at that point Alma was pretty down. He just got a lot of persecution. It says he was ready to "set his back to this land forever." Then an angel appears to him and tells him to be of good joy and that he has reason to rejoice. Now I'm pretty sure Alma thought this angel was crazy. But the angel told him that he had been rightous and done the Lord's work so he should rejoice. Then he tells him to go back to the city of Ammonihah. Alma didn't argue, but he returned "speedily" to the city. And when he did he was received by Amulek who was a Nephite and who later became his missionary companion. This story brought be a lot of strength when I read it because nobody is spitting on us or telling us we're crazy, and we haven't been kicked out of a city yet, so we have no reason to be sad. And we need to always be willing to do God's work, even when it's hard. 
Have a great week everyone! 

Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment