Monday, August 24, 2015

aug 22 2015

Well this week was great!!! We had a really good monday and tuesday, and then on wednesday the Assistants (AP's) came on a split with us which was really good. Elder Morely was with us. He trained my trainer so that was kind of cool. We like to joke that it's a family so we had my "son", me, and my "grandpa". Then on Thursday I have some bitter-sweet news. I have officially been a missionary for one year. I can't believe it has been that long! I feel like I just barely started. I still feel like such a brand new missionary, but now I'm half way done. It has been the best and hardest year of my life. I have learned so much. I have learned about God and who he is, about the gospel, about how to live with a companion, about myself and who I want to be, and a million other things. There is nothing in the world that compares to being a missionary, and there is no way to completely explain what it's like. But coming on a mission is the greatest decision I have ever made and I am sad I'm already done with a whole year, but I'm happy I still have another one to go. I want to give the Lord all I have for this second year and share the joy the gospel brings with as many people as I can. I know that this gospel is true and that there is nothing that can bring us the kind of joy that the gospel can.

On thursday we had zone meeting (not with the president but just run by the zone leaders). They talked a lot about our stats and how as a zone we are not teaching nearly enough people. If you aren't teaching people and inviting them to come unto Christ then you aren't fulfilling you purpose as a missionary. We set some new goals as a zone and me and Elder Monsen decided we want to hit all of the goals before I get transfered. That meeting was exactlty what I needed. It lit the fire inside of me. Sadly the last couple of weeks that fire has been dim, but it's back! I am so ready to go and to work hard and to bring as many people as I can to Christ!

So thursday-Sunday me and Elder Monsen decided we were going to kill it! We worked so hard and just tried so hard to talk to every single person that walked by us. And we also didn't have a very full schedule so we did TONS of tracting! It was really good! We ended up finding a ton of people that wanted to learn, and most of them were families which is a huge push in our mission! We were really happy! It took me back to my days in Fianarantsoa where people are all so nice and willing to here your message so you are just teaching and talking to people all of the time! I  don't know why I let my drive die the last few weeks while our area was struggling, but I know it's back, and it's not going away this time!

The gospel is true! God loves each and every one of us and wants us to be happy. THat is why He has given us families and the gospel. Don't take this life and the things God has given you for granted. They will be gone before you know it. This is our time to prepare to meet God. Do all you can to be ready to stand at the judgement bar. You never know when your time will be. Live with no regrets! I love you all!

Love, Elder Glazier


No comments:

Post a Comment