Sunday, June 12, 2016

Back to Tamatave!!!

This week has been really good. We continued our splits. We finished up in Antsirabe and got back to tana for half of a day, and then the next day (tuesday) drove 6 hours to Tamatave. I got to drive which was fun. I feel like a racecar driver driving here. Our car is a stick shift which is way cool, and then all of the roads are barely wide enought for two cars, and they're super curvey, and there is trees lining both sides on the way here, so everytime you pass someone you feel way cool! haha 

We have gone on splits everyday while we've been here. I've gotten to see a few of my old investigators and recent converts which was a lot of fun. My favorite lesson I taught was with Elder Johnson. He is the zone leader up here and working in my old area. We had just had a great split, and the last lesson we had was a guy I found and taught named Rado. He is about 30 and teaches french. He isn't married yet, but he's a great guy! He got baptized right after I left. But we went to teach him and Elder Johnson started the lesson different than I was expecting. He asked him how he had changed since the first time he met the missionaries and how his relationship with God has gotten stronger. It was amazing to sit there and listent Rado talk about how before we met him he used to go to clubs every weekend and get drunk and do all kinds of bad things, but after about a month of learning from us he decided he needed to stop doing those things and start taking our message seriously. When he was telling us that, I remembered exactly that day. I was with Elder Bingham and we were thinking about dropping Rado. When we got there he told us he was done with clubs and that he was coming to church the next day. From that day on he completely changed. Now he is a totally different person and he is so much happier! I really felt the spirit during that lesson this week and I know that Elder Johnson was guided by the spirit to ask those questions. I know that this gospel is true and that it brings us so much happiness! I love being a missionary and getting to share that with everyone! If you are questioning whether or not it's true or if you feel like life is hard or unfair, examine your life and see what principle of the gospel you could be living better. God didn't put us here to suffer, but to have joy. I love you all! Have a great week! 

Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment