Monday, February 1, 2016

Hey y'all! 

Everything here is going great! Elder Rasmussen and I are having tons of fun together, and we have been blessed to see tons of miracles! 

This week we got a call from this less active family that just moved from tana and they asked us to come visit them. When we got there Elder Rasmussen knew him! He had taught them in his old area in tana. We shared a little vatsim-panahy (spiritual thought) with them, and then they told us they want to get active again. It is a couple and they have one little baby girl. They are way cool. Only the husband is a member, and they aren't legally married which causes some problems, but they want to return and hopefully want to get married. I'm way excited to teach them.

Other than that it was a pretty quiet week compared to the last few weeks. But one thing Elder Rasmussen and I have been focusing a lot on is a scripture in 3Nephi 27:27. It says, What manner of men ought ye to be? Even as I am. It is Jesus teaching the apostles in America. I love that. It's a huge commandment, but it helps you keep life in perspective. That is our ultimate goal is to become like Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.
This week we had ward conference and the 2nd counselor in the mission presidency came. He is a malagasy guy. He gave an amazing talk! The theme of his talk was "Let us want/loved to obey." And i love it  in Malagasy because to love and to want to are the same word. It needs to be our desire to be obedient, and then we will love it. And it really made me think about my life and ask myself, "why do I obey?" Is it because I love my Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ and want to make them happy and be like them? Or is it because that is what is expected of me? Or is it because I'm afraid of what people will think if I don't? Or some other reason? There are a million different reasons to be obedient, and that is better than being disobedient, but we will receive even more blessing and become a changed person if we will obey for the right reason -- love. Just a little something to think about during the week! 

Have a great week! Love you all!

Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment