Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Anjanahary week 2

Salama Daholo!!! Inona vaovao?!

  This week was great! It was transfer week so it was pretty crazy. We woke up at like 5 or 5:30 pretty much every morning and got to bed at about midnight.   I am still trying to adjust to my new area. It's great though. I love working with Elder Covey. He is a great missionary and we're super good friends. Our whole missions we've been pretty close and we haven't really worked too far apart from each other so we already know each other really well. This week we had some pretty cool things happen. We drove down to Antsirabe (3 hours south of Tana) on Friday to take some missionaries down there for the transfer and to bring some back up to tana. It was a lot of fun to get to stop down there for a couple of hours and go to lunch with the missionaries there. Then on Saturday we had the real treat. Elder Covey and I got to drive Elder Van Reenen around. Elder Van Reenen is the area 70 for madagascar and he came down for some big meeting he had here with President Foote and all the stake leaders in the country. But Elder Covey and I got the chance to drive him to and from his hotel and the airport and stuff. It was way cool. Just the two of us with a member of the 70 Saturday night we took him back to his hotel after their meeting and he asked us if we wanted to come in and talk for a bit so we went into the lobby of the nicest hotel in Madagascar and got juice with Elder Van Reenen and just got to ask him questions and talk with him. He is a great man and I learned a ton from him! I hope that some day I can know the scriptures as well as he does and be able to apply them as well as him. He can apply the scriptures in every aspect of life. That is what's so cool about the scriptures, they are written specifically for us and can help us find direction in our lives. 
Then on Sunday we took him to church and out to the airport. Luckily I convinced Elder Covey to translate for Elder Van Reenen so I didn't have to. It was a close one!  I hate translating and I'm horrible at it!!! It is way hard because it doesn't just translate straight across, but there is a whole different thought process when you speak malagasy so you have to try to change the thought of the sentence and then translate it from there. Kind of a fun experience. I'm going to have to get good though because I'm going to be doing it a lot the next little bit.

 Hope you all had a great week! Love y'all! 

Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment