Monday, December 7, 2015

Andranomadio Week 2

Dia ahoana ny Fianakaviako?!

Hey everyone! This was a great week! Elder Rasmussen and I killed it up here in Tamatave! 

The week started out a little rough because we missed all of our appointments we had set up for last week so we spent some time going around trying to set up new programs with everyone we had missed. That meant most of them couldn't learn right when we got there because we came unexpectedly, but we got a lot of times set up again and our program is starting to look good.

 We have also started to have a regular meeting with the district president (like stake president) to talk about how the missionaries here can work better with the members to help the district progress. We are really pushing hard to turn this district into a stake because then the members don't have to meet with the mission president to go on a mission or to get temple recommends. That would be a huge blessing for the members here! 

We also have the AP's (Assistants to the President) coming up tonight which should be good! We are really trying to get the missionaries excited about the work and excited to turn this into a stake and we're hoping the AP's can help. 

My companion and I are really struggling to get along. We just have absolutely nothing in common. He is like 6'6" tall and I'm short, he has red hair, I have brown, he's from American Fork and I'm from... oh wait, American Fork! So really we have absolutely everything in common! We are loving being companions and working way hard together! It's going to be a great transfer (6 weeks) and hopefully 2(12 weeks)!

 But not too much has happened since last week. Just getting ready for the Christmas season by doing missionary work! I love the fact that I get to give up absolutely everything to God and not think about myself at all or anything I want.

 Being a missionary has blessed my life so much and I have learned what it really means to love a stranger and to love a friend. I know that this is God's work and He is at the head of it. His goal for all of us is to bring us immortality and eternal life. That means that if that is our goal He will help us get there! Trust in God and His commandments. Put him to the test! D&C 82:10 "I the Lord am bound when you do what I say, but when you do not what I say ye have no promise." God WILL bless us if we will follow His commandments. Give it a shot. Pick one thing that you struggle with and change. See if God comes through on His promises. I know he does and you can know too!

 Have a great week!

Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment