Thursday, December 17, 2015

BEST WEEK EVER!!!!!!!!!

So this week as you can tell by the title was the best week ever!!!

 Elder Rasmussen and I spent all last week tracting and trying to figure out who of our investigators was serious and who wasn't. That set us up beautifully for this week. We had at least ten times planned every single day! Now you can guarantee that at least a few won't be there so we put them every 30 minutes. Then, we went to work!!! And that was exactly what we did. We killed it this week! We had more that 15 more lessons that a normal week and tons of families we taught! We have found so many way cool new families this week and we're way hopeful that a lot of them are going to progress!
 
Then, to add to our already way awesome week, the Assistants were down here all week (monday-sunday) with two other really good missionaries doing this thing they called the "swat team." Basically just 4 really good missionaries coming and visiting a city and going on tons of splits all week and helping all of the elders get tons of cool new families and work extra hard! And guess what, it worked. That was exactly what our zone needed. We have really been trying to get a fire under the missionaries up here and get a sense of urgency about the work and that was exactly what this week did. All of the missionaries are so excited about the work now, and we are going to try to keep that and to have our stats be just as good again this week! If we can keep that fire here we are going to be able to reach our goal of having a stake here in Tamatave by the end of 2016!
 
While the "swat team" was here we went and played soccer on the beach two mornings before studies which was way fun and a great bonding activity for the zone. We have an awesome zone up here full of awesome elders and we are really excited to see what miracles are going to happen the next few weeks and months! 

I still can't stand my companion. We fight all the time and I keep telling the president I need an emergency transfer, but for some reason he keeps telling me that we need to learn to get along like we're long time friends. I think he's crazy because I will never be able to understand Elder Rasmussen. We are totally different people... Not! We are still loving working together, and are praying to get to stay together for another transfer! I think if we can keep doing well like we did this week and get the zone doing well president will want to keep us together and we can have another transfer to kill it! 

Another cool experience I had this week was on sunday we walked into church and the branch president comes over to us and says, "hey missionaries... the person giving the first talk isn't here, do you think you could give a little talk?" Uhh... so that's in like 5 minutes?? sure. why not. So Elder Glazier now has about 20 minutes (including taking the sacrament) to decide what to talk about and plan a little talk. I ended up talking about sacrifice and how we are expected to give up absolutely everything to God. He doesn't just want an 80% effort, or 80% of our time and talents... He wants it ALL!!! That's a tough thing. We're human and that means we're selfish and want to do our will, but the only way to return to God is to align your will with His. My talk went well and I wasn't even that scared. I felt like I talked for like 3 minutes and when I sat down Elder Rasmussen told me it was a 10 minute talk! I never would have been able to do that before my mission! I struggled to write a 5 minute talk before.

I know that this is God's work and he is at the head of it. If we will be exactly obedient and give everything up to the Lord He will guide us. Elder Rasmussen and I have a companionship quote that says, "The Lord will guide your footsteps if you are willing to move your feet." That's so true! Move your feet and God will take you where He wants you to go and make you into what he wants you to be! Have a great week everyone!

Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment