Friday, May 29, 2015

Akory Aby O!!! 
Well this week has been pretty good. Our mission president set some goals for the whole mission to have to reach. Elder Anderson and I worked really really hard to get them and because of that we had a pretty good week. We ended up having a lot of lessons and teaching quite a few less actives. I feel like our area is starting to pick up a little bit which has given us a little hope! We have a split this week with the zone leaders, and then we have one with the district leader the next day. I'm pretty excited because splits are always a great chance to learn a lot and to ask lots of questions, but I always get a little bit nervous too.


But...  I love my companion. We get along really well. I was really worried about getting along with my companion when I found out we were going to be in a two man house, but I have loved it. We get along really well which has really helped the work be a lot easier. It is so hard to be a good missionary and to feel the spirit when you don't get along with your companion. I have seen it many times. When there is contention between you the spirit can't be with you and you aren't going to be able to help your investigators very much. A good relationship is crucial to teaching well together.

So this week one thing that I was not expecting was how many people celebrate pentacost and how big of a deal it is.Sunday EVERYBODY was drunk and we had so many drunk guys following us around and trying to be our buddies. And then yesterday (p-day) basically everything was closed so we didn't get to cyber so now I'm having to do it tuesday morning. But, we did make some good use of our time and went to a branch activity and played soccer with the members and investigators and had some good rice and laoka (Laoka is some kind of topping for your rice. usually chicken, pork, beef, or beans). I found out how out of shape I am and that I really need to start doing some kind of cardio work-out in the mornings! 

As far as the work is going we have a couple investigators with baptismal dates on 3. We have Do and then Lanto and Seheno who are so close to finally being vita Soratra (legally married). We are really hoping that they will be able to get everything done before then so that they can get baptized with Do. Do is awesome. He is more diligent than half of the members! He comes to church every single week and loves learning about the gospel. He reads the Book of Mormon almost everyday, and is already creating relationships with the members. He is playing on the ward's soccer team because our stake is doing a soccer tournament. I'm so excited for all of them to be able to get baptized and to make covenants with God! 
Thanks for all of the support and love coming this way! I have definitely felt it! Have a great week everyone! Love you all!

Love, Elder Glazier

P.S. I'd like to give a double shout-out. First to my sister Kristan! She is pregnant and due this Saturday! She is going to be an AMAZING mom! Congrats Kris!!! 

Second, my little nephew Jake is having a birthday this week! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jake!!!!  


! I'm doing great! Thanks for the email! It has been such a great experience being a missionary! I have learned so so so much and I don't know if I ever would have learned some of the lessons I have learned if I hadn't come. I have gotten so much better at sharing my testimony and listening to the spirit. Me and my comp were talking about listening to the spirit the other day, and we decided that when you have to learn a new language that you don't understand and teach people you have to get really good at listening to the spirit to tell you what they need because you don't know just from listening to them because you don't understand what they are saying. It's so true. When you don't understand someone and don't know what they need you really learn to listen and rely on the spirit to tell you what they need.

 I have also learned a lot about getting along with a companion. I feel like I have always been able to get along fine with people, but I have learned a lot about qualities that I like and dislike and how to get along with different types of people.

As for a package... I need a watch (good sturdy one and the band should be rubber/plastic so it doesn't stink too bad), ankle socks for p-day, a silver/gray sharpie, more deoderant, candy (I'd love some good american chocolate (not just milk chocolate, but something good in it like carmel kisses or treasures or something. but definitely not dark chocolate) and swedish fish are always a favorite! haha oh, and some AAA batteries for my headlight, Jerky is good too. For the kids i think some ctr rings would be way fun (like maybe the little rubber ones). I bet they would love some kind of little car or like little action figures or something... I don't know. Be creative. Think about a toy that would be fun if you only had one of that toy. 

Sounds like you guys had a good memorial day. I didn't even realize it was memorial day cause they don't have that here, but they do celebrate pentacost which was sunday and then they party monday! We went to a ward activity and played soccer and got to know our members and investigators better. It was pretty fun. 

Thanks for taking care of my blog for me! I know that isn't a small job. I hope my emails are satisfactory. I am trying to keep everyone up to date and make them exciting and fun to read, but sometimes I don't really know what to say. I don't know what people want to hear about. haha but let me know! Have a great week! Love you tons! Thanks for all you do! 

Love, Elder Glazier 

No comments:

Post a Comment