Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Fianarantsoa week 19

 
Well... I just realized that I have been in Fianarantsoa for a long time. 19 weeks! And I have loved every minute of it! It is so great here! I promised myself I wasn't going to do this, but I'm going to... this week we had February 3rd. To most people that doesn't mean anything, but that is exactly one year and 6 months from my release date. I'm not going to say anything more about that. This week nothing too exciting happened. It was transfer week so we did have a little bit of vaovao (voh-voh... that means new). Elder Johnson left and we got a new elder in our house named Elder Fisher. He is from Riverton. He has been out for almost 2 years! He goes home in 2 transfers. It's way weird to see him and live with him. Every once in a while we'll say something about things that are going to happen in a couple months and he'll just be like, "Oh, I'll be home when that happens!" Its way weird! haha But he is a good guy and a good missionary! He is incredibly good at Malagasy and way smart! I hope I can be that good and know the gospel as well as he does when I'm at that point!
The only other thing that happened this week was I had an interview with President Adams, the mission president. He came down to do interviews. It was good! He is a very smart man and a great teacher! The two things I took away from my interview was that I need to work on asking inspired questions that are going to make my investigator think, and that I need to be more bold. We have a very set purpose and there is no point in lying to my investigators and pretending like we're just bringing them a happy message and don't expect them to do anything about it. We are trying to help people change their lives and come to Christ. Our message is just words that have no point if they aren't willing to act on them and try them out.
Other than that, nothing really happened this week. The work is going great and everyday God is guiding us to people who are ready to hear our message. I love sharing the gospel and helping people change their lives and come unto Christ! Have a great week!
Love, Elder Glazier
P.S. Sorry there are no pictures this week... My camera died and I forgot to charge it so it was dead all week. There will be some next week again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment