Monday, December 15, 2014

Well this week had a few exciting things happen!

 First off, on wednesday we had a baptism! The girl that didn't get baptized on saturday got baptized. Elder Garcia baptized her. It was a really good baptism! The spirit was there really strongly testifying that she was doing the right thing! She was so happy afterwards and just glowing with the spirit! I'm super happy for her! And the service was just outstanding! There was one talk given on baptism by water and the speaker was just incredible! He is this young missionary from American Fork, Utah named Elder Glazier. haha Yes, I got to give my first talk on wednesday.  It went pretty well. It was on baptim by water so not too hard, especially since we teach about baptism all the time! It was pretty short, but I felt pretty good about it when I sat down. I was a little bit scared but not terrified. It would have been a lot worse if it had been in sacrament with the whole branch there!

Then after the baptism we went and visited one of our investigators who just had a baby. Elder Garcia told her he would bring her a chicken when she had her baby if he was still here so we went and bought a chicken and took it to her. We then killed the chicken (elder Garcia got to do it) and made it into some sauce for our rice. It was way cool to get to watch the whole process from beginning to end of how they prepare the meat. They are really good at it! They were so fast at taking the feathers off and getting the meat ready to eat! I have some good pictures at the bottom.

The next thing that happened was on saturday we had zone conference! It was my first zone conference and I wasn't really sure what to expect, but it was a really great experience! We talked a lot about true conversion and giving up everything to the Lord! That is what we covenant at baptism and if we don't try our hardest and repent and try to become like Christ we will wish we had at judgement day. President showed us some very descriptive sciptures about how we will feel at judgement depending on how we lived. It really made me want to try to do just a little bit better and to give just a little more time and a little more effort everyday.

Then after zone conference we went to this insanely nice restaurant and had a way good meal that president bought for us! Then when we got home the AP's had a few packages and letters for us so that was great to get some mail from people back home!!!

Then on sunday we had another INSANE rainstorm! It rained so hard and we had to walk through all of these huge puddles! One of them that we walked through was half way to my knee! It was really gross because they have open sewers and it was right by this huge pile of trash (they just make big piles around the city and then burn them) so you just try not to think about what you are walking through. I literrally dumped water out of my shoes and rang it out of my socks! It was ridiculous!!! It's kind of fun too though. It makes me feel like I'm really in Madagascar!

The last exciting thing that happened this week was WE GOT TRANSFER NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Transfers are this wednesday and I was pretty excited to find out what would happen to me. I am staying here in Fianarantsoa and Elder Garcia is leaving and going up to Tana. My new comp is named Elder Covey and has only been out for one transfer more than me so it's going to be an interresting transfer or two. I am going to have to do a lot of leading the area and I hope I am ready for that! I don't know much about Elder Covey. I told the other elders I didn't want to know what they thought about him because I wanted to be able to form my own opinions about him rather than already thinking he is lazy or cocky or whatever else. I will let you know next week how he is.

That was my week! Lots of exciting things happened! I have been so grateful for my time with Elder Garcia! He has taught me so much and I know that God chose him as my trainer for a reason. I will never forget the time I had with him and the things he taught me. It wasn't always easy, but I don't think it ever will be. Life isn't easy. But I know for a fact that my mission call came from God and that where I am working and who my companion is comes from God. It doesn't matter what I think about it, it's from God which means it's right so I need to make the most of every minute and try my very hardest to learn everything I can from my situation. I think that can be applied to everyone. Sometimes things don't go our way and sometimes things go perfect, but if we will just go into every situation with a good attitude we can learn and grow a lot more than if we have a negative attitude.
That's my little discourse on attitude. haha

 And now I want to give a shoutout to my sister-in-law Kristal! She has a birthday on the 20th and is still aging very well! haha We have loved having her in our family! Happy Birthday Kristal!

That's all of my news this week! Have a great week and I love you all tons!

Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment