Monday, December 8, 2014

 Everything is great here in Fianarantsoa! I'm loving the work and trying my hardest to just wear myself out in the service of the Lord!   Church is long for me here. It is very hard to sit in meetings for 3 hours when everything is in Malagasy and you only understand maybe 1/3 or 1/2 of what is going on. And then after that you have branch council for 1 1/2 hours. But I really like going to church because it's fun to see how much more I understand each week! I'm sure that some day I will understand everything that is going on, but I'm still waiting for that day! haha

This week was pretty quiet. Nothing too exciting happened until Saturday

 On Saturday we had a baptism! We were supposed to have 2 couples that are both boyfriend and girlfriend. They all know the gospel is true and have such strong testimonies! The one couples names are Rija and Larissa and they are the ones that were supposed to get baptized a few weeks ago on November 22 but didn't show up, and the other couple's names are Nikita and Rado. Nikita and Rado are probably my favorite investigators that we've taught. They are both way way cool and they know the gospel so well and are so ready to accept it! So Saturday morning rolls around and we get to the church for the baptism. Nikita and Rado show up and Nikita tells us that she can't get baptized that day. We were shocked and kept asking why. She really didn't want to tell us, but finally she shyly told us and we'll just say she didn't want to get in the water... so we weren't really sure what to do about that, but Rado was there and ready to go! So we waited for about 45 minutes and still no Rija and Larissa. We tried calling a million times but it was just going straight to voicemail so Elder Garcia and I got a taxi and went to their house and it was locked and nobody was home. So we went back to the church and did Rado's baptism! Oh, and did I already mention that he asked ME to baptize him???!!!!!! Ya, it was so cool!!! I got to do my first baptism!!!! The spirit was so strong and he was so so so happy when he came out of the water! It felt so good to know that I helped somebody make a covenant with our Father in Heaven and be baptized!!! And then Nikita is getting baptized on Wednesday. We are going to have a small little service for her and baptize her. She is going to Tana for a few weeks so we wanted to baptize her before she goes. I'm really excited that they will both be members and have the Holy Ghost with them as their constant companion! Rado was talking to me after and said that he thinks he might want to go on a mission in a year! I really hope he does! He would be a way awesome missionary! 

So now to the question that I know you are all asking... "Why didn't Rija and Larissa show up to the baptism??" Well... I wish I could tell you. We have gone to their house and tried calling them several times and can't get a hold of them. We were hoping they would come to church on Sunday and we could talk to them but they weren't there. So we have no idea what is going on that would cause them to not show up to their own baptism two times in a row. We think they must not have told us the truth when we asked if they were ready, and they must not have told the truth when they got interviewed for baptism, but we aren't really sure.
But that is the only exciting thing that happened this week! Other than that it was a very ordinary week with not too many things that are worth talking about.

But I know that our Heavenly Father knows each one of us individually and knows our needs and He wants us to return to Him. I know that when we make covenants with Him that if we will keep those covenants He will pour out blessings upon us and that our lives will be better because of it. We will still have hard things, life isn't easy, but with God we can overcome anything. I know that is true,.

 I love the atonement. If I had to whittle my testimony down to one truth that is the one that would come out on top. I know with every part of my soul that the atonement is real and that if we will use it in our lives and let Christ heal us we can be clean from our sins and shortcomings and faults, and that He will help us become better. We are never alone. Because Christ suffered everything, and He did it alone, we will never have to. He is always there reaching His hands out towards us. All we have to do is grab His hand. It doesn't matter what is going on in our lives, we can always turn to Christ and He can make it better. I know that is true and nothing will ever change that. Christ is our Savior.





 in the name of Jesus Christ,   amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment