Monday, November 24, 2014

Fianarantsoa week 8

Well this week was pretty crazy! We had a HUGE rainstorm on sunday and got completely drenched! The entire road was just like a big muddy river! It was so insane! Sorry I don't have any pictures, I was on my bike and just trying to stay out of the river plus I didn't want my camera to get ruined. But I'm sure we'll have some more storms so I'll make sure to get a picture!

The next crazy thing that happened was a few days later we went to one of our investigators that has been having some questions and he told us he doesn't want to learn from us anymore and that he got initiated as a priest in another church! Elder Garcia and I were both super shocked and didn't know quite what to do. We ended up just telling him that if he decided he wanted to know if our message was true he needed to ask God. There wasn't too much we could do at that point. He seemed pretty set. So that was pretty crazy!

Then on Friday our bikes were having some problems so we called the office and the guy in charge of all of the bike stuff said we needed to go to our bike guy and have him do the monthly check-up and that we needed to stay there and watch him do the whole thing. That was really bad news because that meant we had to sit at the bike shop for almost 2 hours and watch the guy take apart the entire bike, clean everything, and put it back together. By the time that was done it was already 3 o'clock and we still hadn't eaten lunch. So we didn't get out to work until about 4 in the afternoon that day and then had to go by foot. Our area is super huge so we only got to teach two lessons that whole day.

The last cool thing that happened this week was on saturday we went and taught at a school. One of our investigators is an English teacher at a little tiny school here. They have 24 students and there is him and one other guy that teach them. He asked us to come to the school and teach about the gospel and then to teach a little bit of English. So we went and taught 24 school kids between the ages of    9-15. They all seemed to really like our message and they were all very knowledgable about God and Jesus. The other teacher also really seemed to enjoy our message. I don't know if anything will come of it, but if not it was a really cool experience. Once we finished teaching them about the restoration and the Book of Mormon we taught them a little bit of English! It was such a cool experience and it really made me appreciate my education! We often take for granted the incredible opportunities that we have in America, especially the opportunity that we have to gain an education. It is a privledge to get to go to school here in Madagascar! There are many kids that don't get the opportunity because their families can't afford it.

Take a minute this week, especially during Thanksgiving, to thank your Heavenly Father for the blessings He has given you in your life. Think about your family, your homes, the food on the table, the bed and blanket that you have to sleep with, and remember that there are people in other parts of the world that aren't able to be thankful for those things because they don't have them. I know that this thanksgiving is going to have a whole new meaning for me and I hope that  you will all take a second away from your festivities to think about the millions of blessings that you have in your life and give thanks to God.

I know that God lives and that he loves all of his children. His arms are always outstretched. If we will just turn to Him he will embrace us and protect us. He can make so much more out of our lives than we can on our own. He is our Father and will never forsake us. No matter how lost we feel His mercy is infinite and He will always take us back. Read Alma 26:16. That is how I feel. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father and I'm grateful for everything they give me!

The Malagasy word of the week is misoatra (mee-soh-cha). It means thank you or to give thanks.

Love you all!
 Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment