Monday, November 10, 2014

Fianarantsoa week 6




This week was a pretty normal week... Nothing too exciting happend. We just had lots of lessons like usual! We found a couple of really awesome FLF's (Father Led Families). That is a really big push in the mission right now because we really need more melchizedek priesthood holders here in Madagascar! So we're hoping that they will progress and we will be able to get a couple new families in our branch!

We got transfer news this week. And surprise... I'm staying in Fianarantsoa with my trainer. I already knew I would be because they never split up trainers and their kid (in madagascar they call your trainee your son and your trainer is your dad. and then your second companion is your mom and you're his daughter). Kinda weird, but it's fun. So me and Elder Garcia will be working together for at least 5 more weeks. This transfer is getting shortened one week so that there won't be elders in the airport over Christmas. So after that I could go anywhere! Along with transfer news we found out that our area is splitting and that our district is becoming a zone! Elder Garcia is becoming the district leader, and one of the new elders that is coming will be the zone leader. Another area in the mission is splitting as well so now we will have 6 zones in the mission instead of just 4! The work is definitely growing here in Madagascar! 

This wednesday I will have been gone for 3 months! I can't believe it! The time has gone by so fast! It feels like only a couple weeks ago I was getting ready to go to the MTC and now I've been in Madagascar for more than a month and on my mission for 3! I love being a missionary and I love doing this work! It is undoubtedly the Lord's work and he is guiding us to the people who are ready to hear the gospel!

The word of the week is Orana (ooh-ruh-nuh). it means rain. We finally got rain this week and we got soaking wet! We were at the church and didn't have our raincoats so we had to ride our bikes home to get our coats which was like a 5 minute bike ride through a crazy hard rainstorm! By the time we got home there wasn't a spot on my body that wasn't soaked. It was sweet! I'm super excited for cyclone season which is coming up in the next couple of months. We don't know if we'll get a cyclone this year or not, but it's possible. A cyclone is the same thing as a hurricane so that would be pretty crazy! But I'm sure they keep the missionaries safe so I'm not too worried about it.
Anyway, love you all and I'm praying for you! Have a great week! 
Love, Elder Glazier


 This is how rich people work their rice patties. Most people just work the fields by hand with shovels and stuff.

This is what they call a Fete (fet). It's french for party. It was just a big party with all of the members in Fianarantsoa. It was pretty fun! We had a few investigators show up so that was good! It was just in the church. They served rice and Loache. The loache was just some grilled chicken. It was way good though!

No comments:

Post a Comment