Monday, November 17, 2014

Fianarantsoa (now South) week 7

This week was pretty good! We had quite a bit of change this week! On Tuesday we woke up and our district leader said we were moving and needed to pack our bags. So we spent all morning packing our bags and taking everything in our room down to the bottom floor (we lived on the 3rd story of a big house). Once we finally got everything moved to the bottom floor one of the mission drivers (a guy that lives in Antananarivo and just drives all over the country for the president) came and we put all of our stuff in his van and went to our other house. Then we unloaded everything and put it in our new house. So that took us all morning, but we finally got moved in and then got to go and get to work!
And then on Wednesday the new elders came so we got to go greet them and help them get all moved in! They seem really cool! Their names are Elder Rigby and Elder Johnson. Elder Rigby is our new zone leader since our district turned into a zone. And now Elder Garcia, my companion, is the district leader. But the two new elders are both really fun and outgoing so that is good! I think I am really going to like them!
We went on a really cool hike this morning (monday)! It was really green and we got away from all of the houses and buildings! It was really cool! I loved getting out and getting to see nature! I took some really cool pictures! At the top of the hike there was this huge crown of thorns and there were tons of like different little idols and stuff. It was really cool!

cute little kids  

This Camelion is so cool

Me and the new Zone leader.  Look at this view.

Stripling Warrior Mama's Boy

Replica of the crown of thorns

We saw this little pineapple on our hike

One of the statues we saw.

I found this tooth

This is a common site in Madagascar.  They wash their clothes down by the rice paddies.

Fresh produce

The last thing that was really cool that happened this week was we had a really cool lesson! We taught this lady named Soeur Bakoly (sur buh-kol-ee) and her son and at the end of the lesson we asked her what she thought about the things we had taught and she said she knew it was the words of God and that we were His messengers! And then we gave her a Book of Mormon and she was SO excited! She couldn't believe that we would give her a Book of Mormon and she just kept telling us thank you over and over and she was kissing it and just so grateful that we would give it to her! It was one of the coolest experiences I have ever had! She was so ready to hear our message and I think she is going to be a golden investigator! I'm really excited to go back and to teach her again!

But that's all that happened this week here in Fianarantsoa South (my area). I'm still loving Madagascar and my love for this country and these people keeps growing and growing!

The word of the week is bevoka (bay-voo-ka) which means pregnant. I just found out that my sister and my sister-in-law are both pregnant so this is a shoutout to Kristan and to Summer! Congrats you guys! I'm super excited for you! Summer you are such a great mom and there is one more kid that is so lucky to have you has a mom! And Kristan, you are going to be such a good mom! You guys have both been such good examples to me and I've loved having you as sisters!

Until next week, love,

Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment