Sunday, September 28, 2014

September 25 2014

FAREWELL MTC,   UTAH,   USA,   MODERN CONVENIENCES


Well... I'm off! This is my last P-day in the MTC! We leave on Monday to go to Madagascar! I am so excited! It's a super long flight, we leave on monday morning and get there on wednesday afternoon... but that's okay! I'm too excited to care! I am definitely going to miss the MTC though and all of the learning that I have done here and the spirit that I have felt here! But I think the thing that I am going to miss most is the people! I have met so many amazing people here! My district is so sweet! We all get along really well and I love all of them! It is going to be so hard to leave these amazing men and missionaries, but I'm sure we will get to see each other throughout our missions! I just can't believe that my time here is up! I have learned more and felt the spirit more in these last few weeks than I ever would have thought possible! I know for a fact that I have been blessed to have my mind enlightened and my heart opened!  
Elder Ballard came and spoke to us this week! It was awesome! He talked about a lot about giving your best. That's something that I've really started to think is really important! If we give our best and do everything we can God will be pleased.  Yesterday our teacher said that we need to give EVERYTHING to Christ.  And then he said that that means we do everything that we possibly can and give that to Christ... but it also means that we give Him the things that we can't do.  Christ is the master of making imperfect instruments perfect.  We are all imperfect, but if we turn to Christ and give everything to Him, He will make us perfect. 
We also got to go to the temple dedication on sunday which was so cool! I love seeing all of the new temples! The Lord is definitely hastening the work! When I was born There was like  13 temples or something like that, and now there are over 140! That is incredible!  I love the temple so much! I can find so much peace and joy when I go! President Bednar said, "I love going to the temple because when I'm in the temple I am home." I love that! It says so much! Tweo things that it says is first, we really are children of Heavenly Father and that home is with Him in His house. We have a heritage to be proud of and we need to do everything we can to live up to that heritage.  Next it says that the temple is an extension of heaven here on Earth. When we go to the temple we are really going to God's house and we are in His presence! I think that is so cool and it gives me a new perspective of the temple! I always heard that the temple was God's house, but for some reason hearing an apostle of the Lord say it like that gave it a whole new meaning! I am really going to miss being able to go to the temple while I am in Madagascar! I hope that they will get a temple there soon! There are so many blessings that come from the temple!
The word of the week is "misaotra" (me-so-cha). It means "to thank". This week I was overwhelmed with how grateful I I am for everything that I have been blessed with! I feel like I have been blessed with so much more than anyone deserves to be blessed with! I have the most amazing family in the world who taught me how to live a good honorable life and to love God and were such great examples to me, an amazing ward and teachers who helped me learn about Christ and who gave me even more examples of what a man who honors his priesthood looks and acts like, wonderful friends who were always pushing me to be a better person and who all wanted to serve God, the amazing opportunity to serve the Lord as a full time missionary, and so so so many other things! I could sit here and list things all day! I don't know why I have been blessed like I have, but I want to do everything I can to give back and to bless the lives of God's other children! I know that the best way I can do that right now is by being on a mission. The gospel has blessed my life so much and brought me so much joy! I can't even imagine my life without it and I want to share that news with everyone! I know that it is true! 
Fantatro fa marina ny filazantsara ary tian'Adriamanitra isika. Amin'ny anaran'ny Jesoa Kristy, Amen.
I know that the gospel is true and God loves us. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment