Thursday, September 18, 2014

Septem 18 2014

Hey everyone!
 well week 4 is officially over! I can't believe I've been here for 4 weeks! It has gone by so fast! This week we had a couple of cool things happen. We got a new teacher who is super cool! His name is brother Burton.  He really loves the malagasy language and he is one of the people that helped write our dictionary.  He focuses a lot on language and on helping us learn how a malagasy would say it instead of just how the rules says to say it which is super nice.  We taught him as an investigator for the first time yesterday and it went so well! The spirit was there so strongly and I felt like I really had a desire to help him come closer to Christ and not just teach him a lesson.  He seems very humble and has a sincere desire to follow Christ.  I think he will be very receptive to our message and I hope we can help him feel of God's love for him.  Another thing that happened is on Monday we got to Skype a member in Madagascar and teach him a lesson.  It was way cool! He was super nice! We couldn't really understand what he was saying and I don't think he could understand us very well, but he was still really nice! Hopefully he got something out of the lesson! haha I realized that I'm not doing nearly as well with the language as I thought I was! I have a LOT of work to do! After we finished our teacher told us that he is super rich because he had a computer in his home and there was a wall with a picture on it.  It really hit me what we have and how blessed we are to live where we do.  We need to really work on not taking for granted how blessed we really are! The third thing that happened that was really cool was on Tuesday Elder Scott came and talked to us! he gave an amazing talk about prayer and receiving answers to our prayers. It was so cool to get to hear from an apostle of the Lord and to be in the same room as him! I know that him and all of the other apostles and prophets are called of God and that God really does speak to men in these days. I'm so grateful for living prophets who communicate with God and lead this church! One thing I love about the church is that no matter where you go it's the same! There are missionaries here preparing to go and preach the gospel in tons of different countries all around the world and we are all learning the same gospel.  It doesn't change depending on where you are! 
Fantatro fa marina mpaminany i Thomas S. Monson ary miresaka amin' azy Andriamanitra. Fantatro fa mitarika ny fiangonana i Jesoa Kristy. Fantatro fa tian'Andriamanitra isika.  Raha mivavaka aminy izy, dia hamaly ny fanatoninontsika Izy.  Fantatro fa nohitan'i Joseph Smith Andriamanitra sy Jesoa Kristy ary nandika ny Bokin i Mormona izy.  Fantatro fa marina ny Bokin i Mormona. Raha manana ny fanatoninona isika, afaka hazontsika ny famaliana aminy alalan'ny famakiana ny Bokin i Mormona. Aminy anaran'i Jesoa Kristy, Amen.
I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet and that God talks to him.  I know that Jesus Christ leads the church.  I know that God loves us.  If we pray to him he will answer our questions.  I know that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ and that he translated the book of mormon. I know that The Book of Mormon is true.  If we have questions we can receive answers through reading the Book of Mormon. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Word of the week: Ny vavaka (nee vah-vah-kuh)
That means prayer. I have prayed a ton since I've gotten into the MTC and I know that God has heard and answered my prayers! When I have had a bad day and asked to be comforted I have felt His love.  When I have had questions I have received answers.  I know that God hears our prayers and that He will always answer them. That's something that Elder Scott talked about in his talk.  God will ALWAYS answer our prayers.  It just isn't always in the way we expected or when we expect it! I have really noticed that this week as I've been looking back at my experience so far in the MTC. I am so grateful for the opportunity we have to talk to our Father in Heaven.  That is a precious gift that we tend to take for granted. Next time you pray think about what it really means and who you are really talking to.  I think you will be amazed to see how differently you pray when you remember that.  I know I was.  
I love you all and I pray for you all the time! Don't forget to read your scriptures and pray to your Heavenly Father EVERYDAY! :) 
Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment