Monday, October 19, 2015

This week was great! We had a great week as far as the work goes and we had quite a few of our investigators start progressing! We are way excited about it! We have a baptism coming up on Nov. 7. I think only one of our investigators will make it, but we have a few with dates for Dec. 5 and I think a few of them will make that date. We have these 3 families we are teaching right now that are way cool!

 There is one (named Guillom and Fara) that they read the first few chapters of the Book of Mormon and really liked it and seem to be loving our teachings.They had us over for lunch yesterday. It was SO GOOD!!! They are pretty rich, so we had like a potatoe salad, green salad, meatballs, then rice with steak, and then they made us carrot cake and we had watermelon. It was incredible!! And they had this french guy there because the wifes aunt married a french guy and every sunday they have all of their family over, so it was like a big family dinner. It was really fun. I was really frustrated though, because I can't speak french anymore!!! I could understand the french guy and when they talked to him, but I had a really hard time answering back. I could speak a little but not much. I ended up speaking malagasy to them and having them translate into french. haha

 And the other 2 families learn together and whenever we come they invite like all of their neighbors and everyone and all of their kids are there, so there is like 15 of us in this little tiny house talking about God and the restored gospel! It's awesome! They love what we're teaching them and seem way interested. We just gave them a Book of Mormon this week so we will se if they have read anything. But we are really hopefully. They are pretty active in their churches, but want more truth, so we are hoping they will recognize that this is the fullness of the gospel. That this is what they are looking for.

We had transfers this week. Nothing changed with me and Elder Bingham. Still the same. But we had 2 missionaries leave and we got 4 new ones that came. I'm really excited about it. They are great missionaries and are going to be a great addition to the zone. One of them is my last companion (my trainee) Elder Monsen. It's been fun to see him again and to have him up here the last couple days. 

Overall everything is going great here! I know that this is God's work and that He is guiding us to those that are ready to hear this message. I know that when we are obedient to the commandments God has given us He blesses us. D&C 82:10. Have a great week everyone! 

Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment