Thursday, June 11, 2015

Analamhitsy Week 12, Sabotsy Namehena Week 6

This week was great! First, I think God has finally started to answer my prayers. For the first time in a long time the work this week just seemed to go. Elder Anderson and I worked hard and tried extra hard to be really organized which helped, but we also just had so many small little miracles happen. We received a few really solid referrals and met a couple really cool families while contacting. One thing I've started to notice is that you can knock doors and just tract from house to house and every once in a while somebody will let you in, but they usually aren't too interrested in what we have to say, but when we really find the people that want to change their lives that are really interrested in our message is when we just talk to people on the street. There are people everywhere and the more you are just nice and friendly and talk to people, the more people God is going to place in your path.
Next, something really cool that happened was on Saturday we were meeting with our bishop and when we finished I asked him if there was anything we could do for him and he sat there for a second and then he said, "well there is one thing. I really need a blessing. Can you give me a blessing?" I was really intimidated. I have never given a bishop or anyone like that a blessing. Usually we give blessings to members we visit who are sick and stuff like that. But this was the bishop! I was really nervous. And it doesn't help that I am still not completely "mahay" (fluent) at malagasy. I sat there for a second thinking, and then I had it! I thought I could get out of it! I was on a split with a member and he still doesn't have the melchizedek priesthood. So I said, "sure we can give you a blessing. When do you want it?" Hoping that he would say that me and my companion could come back another day. Nope. He said, "Right now." Oh great. Well, here we go. So in my still broken malagasy annointed my bishop's head with oil and then afterwards sealed the annointing and gave him a blessing. I didn't know what to say! I have never been a bishop! I have never been a father or a husband trying to provide for his family. What was this naive 18 year old boy from across the world that can't speak malagasy going to tell this man who has been called of God to preside over a ward of people and help them come to Christ and who is also somehow also supposed to fulfill his duty as a father and husband? As I began to speak I just felt this amazing feeling of peace and comfort come over me and I knew exactly what God wanted this man to hear. I can't explain it. All I know is that God really does speak to us today and that He knows each one of us individually and knows what we need. I am so grateful that God trusts me enough to allow me to hold this holy priesthood power which allows me to be an instrument in his hands. 
Lastly, this week was... you guessed it... TRANSFERS!!!!!!!!!! And boy is it a transfer. So for the last 6 weeks I have been working with Elder Anderson in Sabotsy Namehena and Analamahitsy combined. It has not been an easy 6 weeks. Elder Anderson and I have gotten along great, but it's seemed like nothing we do helped to get the work moving. So last night was transfer news and Elder Anderson and I were almost positive there was going to be no change in our companionship. WRONG! Elder Anderson is going to be going to Fianarantsoa (same city I started my mission in, but different area) and Elder Glazier is going to be training in Sabotsy Namehena/Analamahitsy! Yep... I'm training. I am very excited, but very nervous! I am responsible for helping this new missionary adjust to missionary life, adjust to life in madagascar, learn a new monetary system, build a foundation for learning one of the hardest languages in the world, and somehow keeping a struggling area alive. Can I do it? Heck Yes! Bring it on! But it is not going to be me alone. I have a feeling the next 12 weeks are going to be filled with a lot of very sincere prayers for help and guidance. This is a nervous/excited Elder Glazier Signing off.
Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment