Monday, April 13, 2015

Analamahitsy Week 4



Well it has been yet another great week here in Paradise! I am loving Madagascar and loving being a missionary even more! There is nothing better and more rewarding than doing the work of salvation. Preaching the gospel 24/7 is amazing! This week was a good week! On Thursday we had interviews with the mission president which was awesome! I got into his office and he just asked me, "Ok Elder Glazier, what do you want to talk about?" And then I got to ask him any questions I wanted! I started by asking him how to help my area and how to become a better missionary and better leader and stuff like. And then because it is my last interview I will have with him I asked how he knew he should marry his wife and how he knew what job he wanted to get. He gave me some great advice and council. He is a great man full of tons of wisdom. I am really sad he is going home. I would have loved to have the opportunity to get to know him better. Our new mission president comes in July so that will be interesting to see what happens and what changes he makes. They are trying to get everything ready and in order for when the new president gets here.

The next thing that happened this week was on Thursday my companion Elder Te'e had a birthday. He turned 20. But there is this thing here they call it fomba gasy (foom-ba gas) which just means the Malagasy way. And there are tons and tons of things that they do and they say that it is fomba gasy. But one of those things is when somebody has a birthday you are supposed to dump flour and eggs on them. So yes... Me and the other elders in our house cornered Elder Te'e and threw flour and eggs all over him! He got probably two or three cups of flour and four eggs! It was great! He loved it. He told me earlier in the day that it wasn't his birthday unless he got flour and eggs, so we had to do it! 
Then, on Sunday guess who got to give a talk! Yep... I spoke in sacrament. This was the first talk I have given in sacrament. It went okay. They asked me on Thursday night so I basically had Friday and Saturday morning to write it. I spoke on missionary work. I was grateful for the opportunity to speak because we haven't been getting very much help from our members. I answered three questions in my talk... 1. What does it mean to preach the gospel?  2. Why is it important to preach the gospel and who's responsibility is it?  3. How do we preach the gospel? 

I talked about how every member has a responsibility to preach the gospel and share it with everyone and how if we don't that our friends and family are going to come to us at the judgement day and ask us why we weren't willing to share the truth with them and the joy that it brought us. I hope the main message was clear and I hope I didn't come off mean or anything. I just wanted to make it clear that we all have a responsibility to share this amazing truth that we have been given.

I forgot to share a cool experience I had last week. Elder Te'e and I were visiting a less active member. She isn't married and her son that lives with her isn't a member so she doesn't have a priesthood holder in the house. We were just kind of talking after the lesson and she told us she had moved a couple months ago and that her house wasn't dedicated and asked us if we could dedicate it for her. I looked at Elder Te'e and he looked at me and I knew what that meant. So I got to dedicate a house last week. It was really cool. I did it in Malagasy, and I had never dedicated a house before so I didn't really know what to say. I knew the right way to do it, but I didn't know what to bless the house with, but the spirit helped me and it ended up being a pretty good prayer and the member seemed really grateful. It was a really great experience! It is so cool to get to watch the spirit work through me and help me do things that I could never do on my own. I know that this gospel is true and that this is God's work. I love these people and I'm grateful for the chance I have to serve them and to serve my Father in Heaven. Have a great week everyone! Love you!

Love, Elder Glazier  

No comments:

Post a Comment