Thursday, January 28, 2016

Toamasina week 21

Hey Y'all!

 So this week was another pretty crazy week. We got basically no work done which was a huge bummer. On Tuesday Elder Rasmussen and I woke up bright and early and went to the bus stop. We started our trip up to the Capitol city Tana at about 7:30. Then for the next 8 1/2 hours we sat on a bus to get to the office. When we finally got there we just hung out with the Assistants the rest of the evening. We got to meet the zone leaders from Reunion which was cool. They don't speak any Malagasy. They pretty much are in a completely different mission. Reunion is basically France. They seemed pretty shocked by the poverty. So that was fun. Then on Wednesday we went on a split with the office elders until 6 when we went back to the office to watch the worldwide missionary training. That was the real reason we went to Tana. President asked that all of the zone leaders in the country come together to watch it. He invited all of us into his house and we stayed there watching the training until 10. Then he gave us a ride back to the Assistants house. He is an amazing man. He is so smart, and is so in tune with the spirit. I am so grateful for the chance I have to be serving the Lord here in Madagascar under his direction. He is an incredible leader. The theme of the missionary training was "Teach repentance and baptize converts." It was really good. I learned a lot about how I can be a better missionary and how to teach with the spirit. 

Then on Thursday we got invited to the zone activity one of the zones in Tana was doing. we went to this beautiful turf field just a little bit outside of Tana. I've played there once before and it's amazing! It was so much fun! 

And then on Friday we got to make the 8 hour bus ride back to Tamatave. It was a fun trip, but I was exhausted when we got back. On Saturday and Sunday we finally got to get a little bit of work in which was amazing! It's crazy how I feel like I NEED to preach the gospel! When I can't I just don't feel good and I want to go out and teach people! I know that this gospel is true and that God is our Heavenly Father! I know that the only way we can return to live with Him again is by living the gospel! Hold to the iron rod! Have a great week!


Love, Elder Glazier

No comments:

Post a Comment