Monday, October 20, 2014

This week was so AMAZING!!!! We taught quite a few people and had got a couple of new investigators. We have this one guy that just came to church the last two weeks and we didn't know who he was so we talked to him and taught him during sunday school. He seems super ready and just wants to follow Jesus! At the end of the lesson we challenged him to prepare for baptism and he said, "Can I get baptized tomorrow?!" haha it was so funny! so we're going to start teaching him and hopefully he progresses quickly and follows through on our commitments! 

Oh something I've forgotten to mention is that the power goes out all of the time here. They get power from the rain and it hasn't rained for quite a while (since before I got here) so the power is going out more and more because they don't have water to provide the power. It can be really frustrating when you want to wash your clothes (we have a washer and dryer at our house) but you can't because the power is out or its even worse when it goes out halfway through the washer cycle! But we make due! 

We still bike everywhere which is good! I finally got used to it and now I hate it when we have to walk anywhere! Biking is a million times faster! Yesterday the our district leader called the zone leaders and told them our stats and Elder Garcia and I had the best stats in the zone! It was awesome! I know it's nothing we're doing though. Our area is huge, and there are so many people that are ready and willing to hear the gospel! Almost everyone we talk to tells us we can come in and share a spiritual thought with them so we give them a first lesson which teaches about the restoration! I love missionary work! It's so cool!

And to cap the week off we went to Ranomafana today! Now that probably doesn't mean anything to any of you... But it's a big national jungle with lemurs and cool animals! We saw quite a few lemurs and got super close to them! It was beyond cool! It was a really strict park though and they told us we couldn't feed the animals because it changes their environment and stuff. But we got to get super close to them! We were basically just walking through the jungle! It was one of the coolest places I have ever been in my life! It was an hour and a half bus ride there and I got super sick and almost through up so I was a little bit miserable the whole time, but it was totally worth it! I'll attach some cool pictures of it! 

The word of the week this week is fanomezam-pahasoavana ny fiteny (fon-oo-maze-a-m-pah-soo-a-vuh-nuh nee fee-ten). It means gift of tongues. I know without a doubt that I have been blessed with the gift of tongues! There is no way I could understand as much as I do or be able to say what I can in Malagasy without it! On saturday all of the missionaries taught a fireside for the recent converts on the plan of salvation and just like broke it up into different sections and afterwards the couple sister came up to me and told me that it was so good and a couple of the other trainers (both of the other companionships in my house are training as well) came and told me I am doing so good! That was a huge compliment! But I know that I could not be doing as well as I am without the gift of tongues! I rely so much on the spirit! It just puts words into my mouth that I barely even know and helps me speak to these people! It's incredible! 

I love Madagascar and I know this is where I'm supposed to be! These people are amazing and so many of them are ready to hear the news of the restored gospel! I never could have guessed how amazing a mission would be! I learn so much everyday and the spirit is always so strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment